Still haven’t been to the gym, but I did get a new job THAT’S ON CAMPUS.
Basically I’m a mentor for a student with a disability. My job is to be her friend and help her adjust to college life and such. Today was my first day actually hanging out with her after a week long orientation/training, so yeah.
It’s pretty sweet. Other than that. First week of classes, not so sweet.
BUT this is my LAST FREAKIN YEAR! OMG. so yeah. There’s your update.
- EXAMINE THE EVIDENCE: Instead of assuming that a negative thought is true, examine the factual evidence for and against it.
- THE SURVEY METHOD: Ask people questions to find out if your thoughts and attitudes are realistic or fair.
- THE EXPERIMENTAL METHOD: Conduct an experiment to test the validity of your negative thought.
- THE ANTI-DOUBLE STANDARD TECHNIQUE: Talk to yourself the way you would talk to a friend, rather than the way you normally talk to yourself.
- THINKING IN SHADES OF GRAY: Instead of thinking about your problems in extreme black-and-white categories, evaluate the situation along a continuum, taking note of subjective aspects of the situation.